DC-M194A is a high-performance, double-sided polyester film tape, designed specifically to work well in cold weather temperatures. Often used in commercial construction and metal building insulation applications, the double-sided PET tape is also versatile enough for a broad range of environmental conditions.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPE
The most common applications for the double-sided polyester tape (PET tape) include:
- mounting insulation
- creating lap seals on laminated insulation, reflective insulation, and jacketing insulation
- permanently bonding foams, plastics, metals, and composite materials
- mounting smooth surface substrates in cold temperatures (such as freezers)
FEATURES OF THE TAPE
Features of the double-sided polyester tape (PET tape) include:
- superior holding power
- bonds well to a variety of surfaces
- specially formulated as a cold weather adhesive tape
- polyester (PET) carrier allows for UV resistance
- can tear the tape by hand
- can apply the tape by hand or with a machine
The double-sided polyester film tape (PET tape) tape is coated with a specially engineered acrylic adhesive that’s designed to work exceptionally well in cold temperatures.
The PET tape is an all-weather and cold temperature tape:
- specifically designed for extremely cold weather
- can be used indoors and outdoors
- UV resistant
The polyester film tape (PET tape) is available in the following sizes:
- 1 inch by 60 yards / 24 mm by 55 m
- 1.5 inches by 60 yards / 36 mm by 55 m
- 2 inches by 60 yards / 48 mm by 55 m
The high-performance, polyester film tape (PET tape) is transparent.
WHO USES THE TAPE
The tape is most commonly used by:
- metal building insulation contractors
- commercial construction contractors
ECHOtape PART NUMBER
The part number for this tape is DC-M194A.
- Use for lap seals on laminated, reflective and pipe jacketing insulation
- Use to mount smooth surface substrates in freezers
- Use for permanently bonding foams, plastics, metals and composite materials.
- Use for insulation mounting
Features & Benefits
- Hand tearable
- Hand or machine applied
- Excellent holding power
- Specially formulated cold weather adhesive
- Bonds well to a variety of surfaces
- PET carrier allows for UV resistance
- Performs well under a broad range of environmental conditions
|SIZES||1.41 in x 60 yd. | 36 mm x 55 m
1.41 in x 180 yd. | 36 mm x 165 m
1.41 in x 360 yd. | 36 mm x 330 m
|Release Liner||Siliconized Paper|
|Total Thickness||3.6 mils|
|Application Temperature Range||-4°F to 176°F (-20°C to 90°C)|
|Service Temperature Range||-40°F to 176°F (-40°C to 80°C)|
Storage & Usage Conditions
Store tape in its original packaging away from direct sunlight and in a cool and dry area. For optimum performance, tape should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Tape works best when applied to a surface that is clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
The information cited is in good faith and has been established from sources held to be secure and reliable. The values listed are typical properties. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these values. All ECHOtape products are warranted to be free of defects at time of shipment. Many factors can affect the use and performance of a product in a particular application and the user must, by test or otherwise, determine suitability for purpose; Edelstein makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, concerning any application and usage if its products. If ECHOtape product is proved to be defective, the exclusive remedy, shall be for Edelstein to replace the defective product. ECHOtape shall not otherwise be liable for loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including but not limited to, contract, negligence, warranty or strict liability.