FS-J7744 is a high-performance, all weather ASJ Kraft insulation facing tape that’s primarily used to seal and seam ASJ faced duct board and fiberglass pipe insulation. Coated with a flame-retardant, cold-weather acrylic adhesive, this insulation facing tape provides a strong and secure bond on a variety of surfaces and textures.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPE
The most common applications for the ASJ Kraft insulation facing tape include:
- sealing and seaming ASJ faced duct board
- sealing and seaming fiberglass pipe insulation
- repairing tears in white Kraft scrim foil backed insulation
FEATURES OF THE TAPE
Features of the ASJ Kraft insulation facing tape include:
- initial quick stick
- creates a strong bond to a variety of surfaces and textures
- paper liner is easy to remove and protects the adhesive from contaminants when you need to cut the tape to specific lengths
- designed for tear-resistant sealing
- mold resistant
- coated with a flame-retardant acrylic adhesive
- UL 723 classified
The tape has an acrylic adhesive.
The all weather insulation facing tape works well in a wide range of temperatures (can be applied in -4°F to 104°F weather).
The ASJ Kraft insulation facing tape is available in the following size:
- 2.75 inches by 50 yards / 72 mm x 46 m
The all weather ASJ Kraft insulation facing tape is available in white.
WHO USES THE TAPE
The tape is most commonly used by:
- mechanical insulation contractors
- HVAC contractors
ECHOtape PART NUMBER
The part number for this tape is FS-J7744.
- Use to seam and join All Service Jacketing (ASJ) faced duct board and pipe insulation
- Use to repair tears in white Kraft scrim foil backed insulation
Features & Benefits
- An initial quick stick helps speed up application
- Creates a strong bond to a variety of surfaces and textures
- Mold resistant
- Designed for tear resistant sealing
- Easy to remove paper liner
|SIZES||2.83 in x 50 yd | 72 mm x 45,72 m|
|CARRIER||Kraft/Scrim/Foil Laminate Facing|
|RELEASE LINER||Siliconized Paper|
|TOTAL THICKNESS||6.8 mils|
|APPLICATION TEMPERATURE||-4°F to 104°F (-20°C to 48°C)|
|SERVICE TEMPERATURE||-37°F to 248°F (-35°C to 120°C)|
|UL CLASSIFICATION||UL 723 General Use Tape Surface Burning Characteristics 38MP / Applied to Inorganic Reinforced cement board|
Storage & Usage Conditions
Store tape in its original packaging away from direct sunlight and in a cool and dry area. For optimum performance, tape should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Tape works best when applied to a surface that is clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
The information cited is in good faith and has been established from sources held to be secure and reliable. The values listed are typical properties. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these values. All ECHOtape products are warranted to be free of defects at time of shipment. Many factors can affect the use and performance of a product in a particular application and the user must, by test or otherwise, determine suitability for purpose; Edelstein makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, concerning any application and usage if its products. If ECHOtape product is proved to be defective, the exclusive remedy, shall be for Edelstein to replace the defective product. ECHOtape shall not otherwise be liable for loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including but not limited to, contract, negligence, warranty or strict liability.