MT-A7729 is a high-strength, aluminum foil tape that’s primarily used to seal joints for foam core insulation boards and to join and seam flexible air duct seams and connections. With a flame-retardant and cold-weather, acrylic adhesive, the aluminum foil tape provides good reliability across high and low temperatures. The tape also conforms well to a variety of surfaces and provides a strong bond.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPE
The most common applications for the aluminum foil tape include:
- sealing lap joints
- providing a vapor seal on foil faced board
- joining and sealing flexible air duct seams and connections
FEATURES OF THE TAPE
Features of the aluminum foil tape include:
- initial quick stick
- conforms well to a variety of surfaces
- low MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate)
- mold resistant
- paper liner is easy to remove and protects the adhesive from contaminants
- coated with a flame retardant, cold weather acrylic adhesive
The tape has an acrylic adhesive.
The aluminum foil tape is weather resistant:
- cold weather acrylic adhesive
- good reliability across low and high temperatures
The aluminum foil tape is available in the following size:
- 3 inches by 50 yards / 72 mm x 46 m
The aluminum foil tape is available in off white.
WHO USES THE TAPE
The tape is most commonly used by:
- insulation contractors
- HVAC contractors
- general contractors
- appliance contractors
- automotive shops
ECHOtape PART NUMBER
The part number for this tape is MT-A7729.