FO-V2344 and FO-V2348 are single-sided thermal break tapes, designed to reduce thermal bridging on outer and inner framing in metal buildings. Available in 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch thicknesses, the tape has excellent holding power and high-load capability.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPE
The most common applications for the single-sided thermal break tape include:
- create a vapor seal where large gaps occur
- create a lap joint seal on corrugated metal building panels or prefabricated wall panels
- create a flash break on building purlins and girt flanges
- maintain a seal in high movement joints
FEATURES OF THE TAPE
Features of the single-sided thermal break tape include:
- adheres strongly to smooth and rough surfaces (including corrugated metal)
- easy to apply
- sticks quickly (which speeds up application)
- conforms well to irregular surfaces
- easy to die-cut for custom sizing
- the paper release liner protects the adhesive from contaminants when cutting the tape to specific lengths
The tape has an acrylic adhesive.
The single-sided thermal break tape is available in the following sizes:
- 2 inches by 50 feet (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 inches by 50 feet (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 inches by 75 feet (1/8 inch thick)
- 3 inches by 75 feet (1/8 inch thick)
The single-sided thermal break tape is available in gray.
WHO USES THE TAPE
The tape is most commonly used by:
- construction professionals
- building contractors
- insulation contractors
- metal building specialists
ECHOtape PART NUMBER
The part numbers for this tape are FO-V2344 (1/4 inch thickness) and FO-V2348 (1/8 inch thickness).