GL-N0708 and GL-N0716 are double-sided, foam glazing tapes that are designed for window glazing applications. Available in 1/8 inch and 1/16 inch thicknesses, the tape is coated on each side with a high-tack acrylic adhesive that’s quick to set and continues to strengthen over time. Made with a soft and flexible polyethylene foam, the double-sided glazing tape adapts to a variety of textured surfaces.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPE
The most common applications for the double-sided, foam glazing tape include:
- window glazing applications on aluminum window framing
- window glazing applications on PVC window framing
- bonding and mounting lightweight plastic
- bonding and mounting lightweight metal
FEATURES OF THE TAPE
Features of the double-sided, foam glazing tape include:
- seals well against water, dust, and light
- resistant to weather, temperature, UV, and oxidation
- flexible and soft, which makes it easy to adjust to a variety of textured surfaces
- sticks well from the onset
- acrylic adhesive continues to strengthen over time
- easy release poly liner
- AAMA certified (which makes it suitable for glazing applications)
The tape has an acrylic adhesive.
The double-sided, foam glazing tape has excellent weather resistance, UV resistance, temperature resistance, and oxidation resistance.
The double-sided foam glazing tape is available in the following sizes:
- 1/8 inch thick: 3/8 inch by 75 feet / 10 mm x 23 m
- 1/16 inch thick: 1/3 inch by 150 feet / 9 mm x 46 m
- 1/16 inch thick: 3/8 inch by 150 feet / 10 mm x 46 m
- 1/16 inch thick: 1/2 inch by 150 feet / 12 mm x 46 m
The double-sided, foam glazing tape is available in black and white.
WHO USES THE TAPE
The tape is most commonly used by:
- window contractors
- glass companies
ECHOtape PART NUMBER
The part numbers for this tape are GL-N0708 (1/8 inch thickness) and GL-N0716 (1/16 inch thickness).
- Use for window glazing applications on aluminum and PVC window framing
- Use for bonding and mounting of lightweight plastic and metal
Features & Benefits
- AAMA certification makes it suitable for glazing applications
- Excellent weather, oxidation, UV, and temperature resistance
- Seals well against water, dust, and light
- Flexible and soft to adjust to a variety of textured surfaces
- High initial adhesion makes it stick well from the onset and the acrylic adhesive continues to strengthen over time
|SIZES||1/8″, 1/16″, 1/32″, 3/32″ x 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm x 75′
|CARRIER||2.0 PCF PE Foam (1/8″) & 4.0 PCF PE Foam (1/16″)|
|RELEASE LINER||4 mil Blue PE|
|TOTAL THICKNESS||1/8” and 1/16″|
|SERVICE TEMPERATURE||-4°F to 248°F (-20°C to 120°C)|
Storage & Usage Conditions
Store tape in its original packaging away from direct sunlight and in a cool and dry area. For optimum performance, tape should be used within 12 months of date of shipment. Tape works best when applied to a surface that is clean, dry and free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
The information cited is in good faith and has been established from sources held to be secure and reliable. The values listed are typical properties. Individual rolls may vary slightly from these values. All ECHOtape products are warranted to be free of defects at the time of shipment. Many factors can affect the use and performance of a product in a particular application and the user must, by test or otherwise, determine suitability for purpose; Edelstein makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, concerning any application and usage of its products. If the ECHOtape product is proven to be defective, the exclusive remedy shall be for ECHOtape to replace the defective product. ECHOtape shall not otherwise be liable for loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including but not limited to, contract, negligence, warranty, or strict liability.