RE-T6701 is a double-sided, repulpable adhesive tape (0.105 mm) that’s used for manual splicing of newsprint. The repulpable tape has a cellulose fiber tissue carrier and is coated with a water soluble, acrylic adhesive. The tape has a high wet grab and is bi-siliconized and repulpable. With an easy release liner, the repulpable tape is also heat resistant to 200° Celsius.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TAPE
The most common applications for the double-sided, repulpable tape include:
- recommended for flying splice at low speed (>600 m/minute) on off-line coaters, supercalenders, or sheeters operating with automatic zero speed slicers
- can be used on uncoated and coated paper
FEATURES OF THE TAPE
Features of the double-sided, repulpable tape include:
- high wet grab
- easy release liner
- heat resistant to 200° Celsius
The tape has a water soluble, acrylic adhesive.
The double-sided, repulpable tape is available in the following sizes:
- 3/4 inch inches by 18 yards / 18 mm by 50 m
- 1 inch by 18 yards / 24 mm by 50 m
The double-sided, repulpable tape is available in light blue.
WHO USES THE TAPE
The tape is most commonly used by:
- newspaper publishers
ECHOtape PART NUMBER
The part number for this tape is RE-T6701.